Online video news, new features, help and tutorials.
Creating effective online video is all about getting someone with a camera, shooting some great looking footage and editing to some pacey music isn’t it? Sadly this approach is unlikely to work if you want to generate real, added value to your organisation. I’ve pulled together my top 5 things to do and not to do if you want to run a successful campaign.
5 Things not to do:
1) Don’t jump into making your video content before you’ve created a strategy for your campaign and decided exactly how you’re going to get your audience to watch it
2) Don’t make poor quality content. Quality is subjective but the acid test is always a “yes” answer to this question: “Is it relevant, interesting and of value to your audience?”
3) Don’t create content with no quantifiable reason for producing it apart from someone in the meeting said “lets make a video” and everybody else agreed
4) Don’t have a creative bypass and just shoot a talking head of the CEO (Unless there is a clear justifiable reason that this route will meet your objectives, in which case go for it)
5) Don’t have no idea how you are going to measure the success of the campaign before you start
5 Things to do:
1) Define SMART objectives for your campaign before you do anything else
2) Define your audience and make sure you fully understand them
3) Create a plan of how you will reach your audience with video, what messages will be included and when content will be delivered.
4) Execute your plan while remembering to think back to your audience and objectives throughout the process
5) Use analytics to understand the campaign’s performance against your objectives. Use this data to improve the content and process for next time
About the author:
Jeremy is Strategy and Client Services Director of online video platform ‘Buto’. Jeremy’s experience spans both internal and external communications and his focus is on strategically led video campaigns, driven by audience insight.
This was the problem that our clients ‘TRW Automotive ‘ faced with when they realised their senior Vice President was expected to be in two places at once. With just a week to go, 50 of their clients in China were expecting an audience with the principle, but he was physically unable to attend. And that’s where […]
Posted by ButoOverlord on March 15, 2015 | No comments
We are delighted to announce the opening of a WC2 Buto office in the stunning historic Somerset House. This marks an extremely positive milestone in the development of Buto and follows an increasing number of London headquartered global and high-profile organisations that have joined the platform in the last year, including DTZ and the Financial […]
Posted by ButoOverlord on March 5, 2015 | No comments
Want to present to a whole bunch of colleagues or customers but don’t want to go through the process of getting IT to download software onto your laptop? With this app you can… Buto is 100% compatible with the Wowza ‘go-coder’ live streaming app freely available from the App Store and Google Play. Simply download […]
Posted by ButoOverlord on March 4, 2015 | No comments
Buto gives you two out-of-the-box features that allow you to quickly create a video channel: Keeping your audience engaged with your content. The first feature is a standard playlist. The second, a fully animated, mobile friendly video channel known as ‘the matrix’. Playlist: Online video consultant and Buto advocate Steff Aquarone shows you how to […]
Posted by ButoOverlord on February 13, 2015 | No comments
Our thought leader piece comes this week courtesy of Simon Crofts, Creative Director at our award winning sister production company ‘Big Button’. Let’s face it, sometimes you have to communicate messages that aren’t particularly exciting. How do you make sure the audience will want to watch that content? Based on my experience it’s all about having […]
Posted by ButoOverlord on February 5, 2015 | No comments